Effective Date: August 1, 2020
Applicable To The Following Website:
Article 1 - DEFINITIONS:
- DATA CONTROLLER: Data Controller is the publisher, owner, and operator of the Website and is the Party responsible for the collection of information described herein. Data Controller shall be referred to either by Data Controller's name or "Data Controller," as listed above. If Data Controller or Data Controller's property shall be referred to through first-person pronouns, it shall be through the use of the following: us, we, our, ours, etc.
- SERVICES: "Services" means any services that we make available for sale on the Website.
- PERSONAL DATA: "Personal DATA" means personal data and information that we obtain from you in connection with your use of the Website that is capable of identifying you in any manner.
Article 2 - GENERAL INFORMATION:
We are committed to the protection of your privacy while you use our Website.
Article 3 -CONTACT:
The Party responsible for the processing of your personal data is as follows:
Anindita Guha Maulik Rungta . The Data Controller may be contacted as follows:
Planet Godrej, Tower 2,
Flat 3001, 30,
K K Marg, Mahalaxmi
Mumbai - 400011
The Data Controller and operator of the Website are one and the same.
Article 4 - LOCATION:
The location where the data processing activities take place is as follows:
Article 5 - MODIFICATIONS AND REVISIONS:
Article 6 - THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE FROM YOU:
Depending on how you use our Website, you will be subject to different types of Personal Data collected and different manners of collection:
- Registered users: You, as a user of the Website, may be asked to register in order to use the Website or to purchase the Services available for sale.
During the process of your registration, we will collect some of the following Personal Data from you through your voluntary disclosure:
Personal Data may be asked for in relation to:
- I) Interaction with our representatives in any way
- II) making purchases
III) receiving notifications by text message or email about marketing
- IV) receiving general emails from us
- V) commenting on our content or other user-generated content on our Website, such as blogs, articles, photographs or videos, or participating in our forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms or other similar features
- a) Unregistered users: If you are a passive user of the Website and do not register for any purchases or other service, you may still be subject to certain passive data collection ("Passive Data Collection"). Such Passive Data Collection may include through cookies, as described below, IP address information, location information, and certain browser data, such as history and/or session information.
- b) All users: The Passive Data Collection that applies to Unregistered users shall also apply to all other users and/or visitors of our Website.
- c) Sales & Billing Information: In order to purchase any of the services on the Website, you will be asked to provide certain credit information, billing address information, and possibly additional specific information so that you may be properly charged for your purchases. This payment and billing information may be stored for the following period: 10 years. If so, it will be used exclusively to assist you with making future purchases with us.
- d) Related Entities: We may share your Personal Data, including Personal Data that identifies you personally, with any of our parent companies, subsidiary companies, affiliates or other trusted related entities.
- e) Email Marketing: You may be asked to provide certain Personal Data, such as your name and email address, for the purpose of receiving email marketing communications. This information will only be obtained through your voluntary disclosure and you will be asked to affirmatively opt-in to email marketing communications.
- f) User Experience: From time to time we may request information from you to assist us in improving our Website, and the Services we sell, such as demographic information or your particular preferences.
- g) Content Interaction: Our Website may allow you to comment on the content that we provide or the content that other users provide, such as blogs, multimedia, or forum posts. If so, we may collect some Personal Data from you at that time, such as, but not limited to, username or email address.
- h) Combined or Aggregated Information: We may combine or aggregate some of your Personal Data in order to better serve you and to better enhance and update our Website for your and other consumers' use.
Article 7 - THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE AUTOMATICALLY:
Cookies: We may collect information from you through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your browsing preferences) as well as through information that you volunteer to us (such as information that you provide during a registration process or at other times while using the Website, as described above).
A cookie consists of a reduced set of data transferred to your browser from a web server and it can only be read by the server that made the transfer. This is not executable code and does not transmit viruses.
Technical cookies: Technical cookies, which can also sometimes be called HTML cookies, are used for navigation and to facilitate your access to and use of the site. They are necessary for the transmission of communications on the network or to supply services requested by you. The use of technical cookies allows the safe and efficient use of the site.
You can manage or request the general deactivation or cancelation of cookies through your browser. If you do this though, please be advised this action might slow down or prevent access to some parts of the site.
Cookies may also be retransmitted by an analytics or statistics provider to collect aggregated information on the number of users and how they visit the Website. These are also considered technical cookies when they operate as described.
Temporary session cookies are deleted automatically at the end of the browsing session - these are mostly used to identify you and ensure that you don't have to log in each time - whereas permanent cookies remain active longer than just one particular session.
Third-party cookies: We may also utilize third-party cookies, which are cookies sent by a third-party to your computer. Permanent cookies are often third-party cookies. The majority of third-party cookies consist of tracking cookies used to identify online behavior, understand interests and then customize advertising for users.
Third-party analytical cookies may also be installed. They are sent from the domains of the aforementioned third parties external to the site. Third-party analytical cookies are used to detect information on user behavior on our Website. This place anonymously, in order to monitor the performance and improve the usability of the site. Third-party profiling cookies are used to create profiles relating to users, in order to propose advertising in line with the choices expressed by the users themselves.
Profiling cookies: We may also use profiling cookies, which are those that create profiles related to the user and are used in order to send advertising to the user's browser.
When these types of cookies are used, we will receive your explicit consent.
Support in configuring your browser: You can manage cookies through the settings of your browser on your device. However, deleting cookies from your browser may remove the preferences you have set for this Website.
For further information and support, you can also visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/
Log Data: Like all websites and mobile applications, this Website also makes use of log files that store automatic information collected during user visits. The different types of log data could be as follows:
- internet protocol (IP) address;
- type of browser and device parameters used to connect to the Website;
- name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- date and time of visit;
- web page of origin of the user (referral) and exit;
- possibly the number of clicks.
The aforementioned information is processed in an automated form and collected in an exclusively aggregated manner in order to verify the correct functioning of the site, and for security reasons. This information will be processed according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
For security purposes (spam filters, firewalls, virus detection), the automatically recorded data may also possibly include Personal Data such as IP address, which could be used, in accordance with applicable laws, in order to block attempts at damage to the Website or damage to other users, or in the case of harmful activities or crime. Such data are never used for the identification or profiling of the user, but only for the protection of the Website and our users. Such information will be treated according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
Article 8 - THIRD PARTIES:
We may utilize third-party service providers ("Third-Party Service Providers"), from time to time or all the time, to help us with our Website, and to help serve you.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage).
We may provide some of your Personal Data to Third-Party Service Providers in order to help us track usage data, such as referral websites, dates and times of page requests, etc.
We use this information to understand patterns of usage of, and to improve, the Website. We may use Third-Party Service Providers to host the Website. In this instance, the Third-Party Service Provider will have access to your Personal Data.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers to fulfill orders in relation to the Website.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers for the following services in relation to the Website:
Cookie consent Pop-up
Your Personal Data will not be sold or otherwise transferred to other third parties without your approval.
In general, you may request that we do not share your Personal Data with third parties. Please contact us via email, if so. Please be advised that you may lose access to certain services that we rely on third-party providers for.
Article 9 - HOW PERSONAL DATA IS STORED:
We use secure physical and digital systems to store your Personal Data when appropriate. We ensure that your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction.
Please note, however, that no system involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, is completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of your Personal Data very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data.
Personal Data is stored throughout your relationship with us. We delete your Personal Data upon request for cancelation of your account or other general request for the deletion of data.
In the event of a breach of your Personal Data, you will be notified in a reasonable time frame, but in no event later than two weeks, and we will follow all applicable laws regarding such breach.
Article 10 - PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA:
We primarily use your Personal Data to help us provide a better experience for you on our Website and to provide you the services and/or information you may have requested, such as use of our Website.
Information that does not identify you personally, but that may assist in providing us broad overviews of our customer base, will be used for market research or marketing efforts. Such information may include, but is not limited to, interests based on your cookies.
Personal Data that may be considering identifying may be used for the following:
- a) Improving your personal user experience
- b) Communicating with you about your user account with us
- c) Marketing and advertising to you, including via email
- d) Fulfilling your purchases
- e) Providing customer service to you
- f) Advising you about updates to the Website or related Items
Article 11 - DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA:
Although our policy is to maintain the privacy of your Personal Data as described herein, we may disclose your Personal Data if we believe that it is reasonable to do so in certain cases, in our sole and exclusive discretion. Such cases may include, but are not limited to:
- a) To satisfy any local, state, or Federal laws or regulations
- b) To respond to requests, such discovery, criminal, civil, or administrative process, subpoenas, court orders, or writs from law enforcement or other governmental or legal bodies
- d) As may be necessary for the operation of our Website
- e) To generally cooperate with any lawful investigation about our users
- f) If we suspect any fraudulent activity on our Website or if we have noticed any activity which may violate our terms or other applicable rules
Article 12 - OPTING OUT OF TRANSMITTALS FROM US:
From time to time, we may send you informational or marketing communications related to our Website such as announcements or other information. If you wish to opt-out of such communications, you may contact the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also click the opt-out link which will be provided at the bottom of any and all such communications.
Please be advised that even though you may opt-out of such communications, you may still receive information from us that is specifically about your use of our Website or about your account with us.
By providing any Personal Data to us, or by using our Website in any manner, you have created a commercial relationship with us. As such, you agree that any email sent from us or third-party affiliates, even unsolicited email, shall specifically not be considered SPAM, as that term is legally defined.
Article 13 - MODIFYING, DELETING, AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION:
If you wish to modify or delete any information we may have about you, or you wish to simply access any information we have about you, you may do so from your account settings page.
Article 14 - ACCEPTANCE OF RISK:
Article 15 - YOUR RIGHTS:
You have many rights in relation to your Personal Data. Specifically, your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed about the processing of your Personal Dat
- the right to have access to your Personal Data
- the right to update and/or correct your Personal Data
- the right to portability of your Personal Data
- the right to oppose or limit the processing of your Personal Data
- the right to request that we stop processing and delete your Personal Data
- the right to block any Personal Data processing in violation of any applicable law
- the right to launch a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in the United States or applicable data protection authority in another jurisdiction
Article 16 - CONTACT INFORMATION:
Anindita Guha Maulik Rungta (the “Company”) respects the privacy concerns of the users of its website, www. teachable.com and the services provided therein (the “Site”). The Company thus provides this privacy statement to explain what information is gathered during a visit to the Site and how such information may be used.
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY
Teachable respects your privacy and is committed to being transparent with you about how we handle personal information.
Parents or guardians who believe that Teachable might have any personal information from or about a child under the age of 13 may submit a request to email@example.com for us to remove such information.
Personal information refers to any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. How we handle your personal information will depend on whether we act as a “controller” or as a “processor” for the personal information. The controller is the entity that decides how and why to process personal information. The processor processes personal information on behalf of the controller at the controller’s direction.
Creators are the owners of content that they upload, submit, or otherwise provide to the Teachable Platform (“Creator Content”) and are the controller with respect to any personal information included in their Creator Content. Teachable processes Creator Content on behalf of the Creator as a processor.
Creators acknowledge and agree that they are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information for which they are controllers.
Personal Information We Collect
Teachable collects personal information about you in several different ways, depending on how you interact with our Platform. Please note that the types of personal information we collect differs depending on how you’re using our Platform, for example, as a Creator or a Student.
Personal Information you give us (or that we receive from others): We collect personal information you directly provide to us. We may also receive personal information about you from others; e.g. from another user or our payment processors.
- Account Information. To use certain features of our Platform (such as to create a course or to enroll in a course), you’ll need to register for an account with Teachable. To do so, you’ll need to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, email address, and password.
- Teachable Plans. When you subscribe to a paid Teachable plan, we will collect certain personal information from you for the purposes of billing your subscription fees and any payment service fees, such as your business and billing address. You’ll also need to provide certain payment-related information directly to our third party-payment processors, as described below.
- Creator Payment Information. If you’re using Teachable’s Native Payment Gateways, you’ll need to link your payment account to our Platform to receive payouts. By linking your account, Teachable will receive certain payment related information about you, including your payment card type and last four digits, postal code, country of origin, payment expiration date, and any email address associated with the payment type. Further, we will collect certain personal information for tax purposes. This tax information may include your full name, address, and registration number.
- Student Payment Information. To purchase a course, Coaching, or other service through our Platform, you’ll need to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, address, and information about the service you are purchasing. You may also need to provide certain payment-related information directly to our third party payment processors, as described below.
- Participation in Creator Content. When you enroll in a course, Coaching service, or other Creator Content, Teachable will collect personal information relating to your participation in the Creator Content, such as courses enrolled in, quiz results, lecture progress and certifications.
- Other Personal Information. You may choose to provide us with other personal information. For example, we may collect your name, email address and other personal information when you fill out a survey, participate in a Teachable-sponsored contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Personal Information from your use of our Platform: We automatically collect certain information from your interactions with our Platform.
- Usage Data. Teachable logs usage information when you visit and use our Platform. This information may include IP address, browser type, operating system, and other information about the use of our website, such as the pages you viewed, when you viewed them, and links that were clicked.
- Approximate Location. We may receive and process information about your approximate location. For example, we may be able to determine your approximate location from your IP address and other information about you. Teachable does not ask for or track any precise location-based information.
How We Use Personal Information We Collect
Our primary purpose for using your personal information is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience, for customer support, advertising and marketing communications, research and service development, and to keep our Platform and users safe and secure.
To provide and improve our services. We use personal information that we collect about you to allow you to access our Platform, to provide you with the services you request, and to improve and customize Teachable Services.
For customer support. We use personal information to investigate, respond to, and resolve customer queries, send you technical notices and security alerts, and provide other support and administrative services.
For advertising and marketing communications. We use personal information to develop targeted advertising both on and off our Platform about Teachable Services, and to communicate with you about our products, services, offers and promotions, including making recommendations about Teachable Services you may be interested in.
For research and service development. We use personal information to conduct market research and to develop new services in order to provide you with a better experience and to drive growth in our business.
For legal and security purposes. We use personal information to prevent, detect, investigate, and take measures against criminal activity, fraud, misuse of or damage to our Platform or network, and other threats and violations to Teachable's or a third party's rights.
How We Share Personal Information We Collect
Teachable only shares your personal information with third parties under the circumstances described below. We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you for monetary or other valuable consideration.
When you participate in Creator Content, Teachable will share certain personal information about you (“Student Data”) with the Creator to allow the Creator to provide you with their services. The set of personal information that we share with Creators are limited to the following:
- Account information, including your name and email address
- Purchase information, including amount paid, your address, and other billing information (but never your complete card number, which we also don’t get)
- IP address
- Information about your participation in the Creator Content, including the Creator Content you enrolled in, lecture completion status, course progress, quiz results, and certificates
- Any messages you exchange with the Creator through Teachable
Teachable will only provide Student Data to a Creator upon the purchase or enrollment of a Student in the Creator’s Content.
With Students and Other Users
When you use Teachable Services to publish Creator Content, information contained in your Creator Content will be viewable to users who are given access to your
Creator Content. For example, when you publish your bio on a sales page, personal information in your bio will be viewable to persons who visit your sales page.
Please keep in mind that all of the information that you share or content that you publish in your bio, posts, comments, or other public portions of our Platform becomes public information. Because this information is publicly available, we cannot control how others treat it. We ask you to exercise care in deciding what personal information you choose to share, and refrain from sharing your sensitive personal information and those of others.
With Integrated Services
With Your Consent
Teachable may send your personal information to a third party when you give us consent to do so or at your direction. For example, this may occur when we complete a transaction at your request.
With Service Providers
We may share personal information with vendors, consultants, payment processors, and other service providers that provide us with certain services and process personal information on our behalf. These services may include providing customer support, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, facilitating payment processing, and supporting contests, surveys, and other features offered on our Platform.
These service providers are not permitted to use your personal information for any other purpose, and their use of such personal information will be subject to appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
With Business Partners
We sometimes partner with third parties to offer you events, promotions, contests and other programs. To participate in these offers, you may be required to provide your email address and other personal information. We will only share your email address and other personal information with a business partner when you expressly authorize us to do so.
With Advertising and Analytics Partners
Teachable may be required to disclose personal information if directed by a court of law or other governmental entity. Without limiting the foregoing, we reserve the right to disclose such information where we have a good faith basis to believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, government and law enforcement agencies’ requests
- protect and defend Teachable’s or a third party's rights and property, or the safety of Teachable, our users, our employees, or others
To the extent permitted by law, we will attempt to give you prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
Your Rights and Choices
Teachable gives you choices with respect to our use of your personal information. These choices include accessing, updating, or deleting your personal information, as well as choosing what communications you would like to receive from us. Depending on your location, you may have additional rights related to your personal information (see the Jurisdiction Specific Provisions section below for more information about location-specific privacy rights).
You can also choose not to provide us with certain personal information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Platform because that information may be required for you to register for an account, purchase Teachable Services, enroll in Creator Content, participate in our promotional offerings, get customer support, or engage in other activities on our Platform.
Please note that in cases where you wish to exercise your data privacy rights with respect to personal information for which a Creator is the controller, you’ll need to directly contact the Creator to exercise your rights.
Please refer to the ‘Data Privacy Requests and Verification’ section below for information on how to make a data privacy request.
Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Information
You can access and update certain personal information about you by visiting your Account Settings .
You can access and update certain personal information about you by visiting your A ccount Settings.
You can also submit a data privacy request to receive a copy of personal information that we hold about you, free of charge.
If you believe that any personal information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, we will work with you to make corrections deemed necessary. Note that we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you’d like Teachable to delete your account or delete personal information it holds about you, you can submit a deletion request. Note that when we delete your account, personal information that you have shared with others (for example, through comments or an intake form) may still be visible. Teachable will also retain certain personal information about you where reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for our legitimate business purposes.
Data Privacy Requests and Verification
You can request to access, update, or delete your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address associated with your account.
If you would like to make a request under the privacy laws of your jurisdiction, please let us know where you reside and which rights you’d like to exercise. For more information about exercising your jurisdiction-specific privacy rights, please see section ‘Jurisdiction Specific Provisions’ below.
To protect your privacy, we need to verify your identity before we process your data privacy request. As part of this process, we will need to receive the request from you via the email address associated with your account. Depending on the nature of the request, we may also need to obtain additional information necessary for us to verify your identity.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a data privacy request on your behalf. To do so, we will need to receive written permission by you or a valid power of attorney, and we may also verify the validity of the request directly with you.
Controlling Promotional Communications
You can opt out of receiving some or all of our promotional communications through the unsubscribe link in the email or by emailing email@example.com.
If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you transactional communications, such as service announcements, administrative and legal notices, and information about your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of these communications. If you no longer wish to use our Platform or receive any communications from us (except for those that are legally required), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have us delete your account.
Please note that opting out of promotional email communications only affects future communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a credit card processing partner) before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
Controlling Cookies and Similar Technologies
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser may give you the option to send a “Do Not Track” instruction to websites you visit. However, since there is no accepted standard for how a website should respond to this instruction, we do not currently recognize or respond to these signals..
Jurisdiction Specific Provisions
Users in the European Economic Area, UK, and Switzerland
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable laws, users in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), UK, and Switzerland have the right, under certain conditions, to request access to, rectification of, or erasure of their personal information; request restriction of processing; object to processing; withdraw consent from processing; and the right to data portability.
If you are in the EEA, UK and Switzerland and would like to exercise these rights, please email us at email@example.com pursuant to the ‘Data Privacy Requests and Verification’ section above. Please include the phrase “GDPR request” in the subject line and provide us with your mailing address and state of residence.
Teachable only collects and processes personal information about you where it has lawful bases for doing so. The specific legal basis applied to the processing will depend on the context in which the personal information is being processed, including the service used and the type of personal information involved.
Teachable uses the following legal bases for processing:
- For legitimate interests. We will process your personal information for our legitimate interests or those of others (as long as the processing is not
outweighed by your data protection interests). This includes but is not limited to, preventing fraud and other abuse, ensuring the security of our Platform, protecting our legal rights and interests, conducting market research and product development, and for marketing purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations. We will process your personal information to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, court orders, and government and law enforcement agencies’ requests.
- Consent. We will process your personal information when you have given us consent to do so, such as when you consent to receive certain communications from us.
If you’d like to withdraw your consent or object to our processing of your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that we have not adequately addressed your concerns or wish to report an alleged infringement of applicable data privacy laws, you may file a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Teachable has appointed MCF Legal Technology Solutions Limited as its EU representative for purposes of GDPR. Our EU representative may be contacted via email@example.com.
Users in California
This section provides details about rights California consumers may exercise under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable.
Under the CCPA, California consumers have the the following rights:
- The right to request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about them and how that information has been used over the past 12 months. They may also request a copy of this information, free of charge
- The right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected about them, subject to certain exceptions
- If a business sells personal information, the right to opt-out of the sale. At Teachable, we do not sell personal information that we collect about our users, as provided in the CCPA
- The right not to be discriminated against if you choose to exercise any of these rights
Under California’s ‘Shine the Light’ law, California residents have the right to request certain information relating to personal information we have shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Note that we only share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes when you request us to do so or you expressly consent to it.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your rights under the CCPA or California’s ‘Shine the Light’ law, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org pursuant to the ‘Data Privacy Requests and Verification’ section above. Please specify which privacy right you’re exercising in the subject line (for example ‘CCPA deletion request’) and provide us with your mailing address and state of residence.
Teachable uses a range of physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect your personal information. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of financial information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information. However, no method of data transmission or storage system is absolutely secure, and we cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed in the event of a breach of any of our security measures.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for protecting this password and keeping it confidential. As the safety and security of your information also depends on the precautions you take, we ask you not to share your password with anyone. If you believe your password or the security of your account has been compromised, you should change your password immediately and contact email@example.com with any concerns.
We save personal information we collect for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected and processed. Generally, we will keep your personal information until your account is deleted, or as needed to provide you with our services. We will also retain certain personal information to comply with our legal obligations or for our legitimate business purposes.
International Transfers of Information
Teachable is based in the United States and it stores, processes, and transfers information in and to servers and databases located in the United States. It may also store, process, and transfer information in and to servers in other countries depending on the location of its affiliates and service providers.
If you use our Platform outside the United States, including in the EEA, UK, and Switzerland, your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By accessing our Platform or otherwise giving us information, you consent to the transfer of information to the United States and other countries outside your country of residence.
We rely on legal bases to transfer information outside of the EEA, UK, and Switzerland. For example, transfers involving personal information of Creators
We take many steps to protect your privacy, including entering into a Data Processing Agreement with our Creators. If you’d like more information about the safeguards we have in place, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Parties and Other Personal Information Collectors
No Rights of Third Parties
Via email: email@example.com
Via regular mail:
Anindita Guha Maulik Rungta
Planet Godrej, Tower 2, Flat 3001, 30, K K Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai - 400011 Maharashtra, India
Information provided by you via general e-mail inquiries to the Company such as your e-mail address is used only to respond to your inquiries in the ordinary course of business, and is never shared with third parties.
If you are a resident of the EU and have an unresolved data privacy concern or personal information collection, use, or disclosure concern, you may file a complaint/inquiry with us at:
Security/How Your Personally Identifiable Information Is Protected: Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures to attempt to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access and improper use. We also protect your personally identifiable information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. We continually review all such measures and update them when appropriate. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit via the internet. By transmitting any such information to Company, you accept that you do so at your own risk.
The Company may disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with the Company’s rights or property, other users of the Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
The Company may also be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.